topbar

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Eva's unicorns

Most unicorn fabrics are over the top girlish, with glitters and pink everywhere. If you have followed here for a while, you might have noticed that this type of fabrics is not quite my style. But for the first time in history I saw a unicorn fabric that I actually LIKED. 
Eva's unicorns

It's called Eva unicorns, a sweater knit fabric by illustrator Eva Mouton for About Blue Fabrics/Bambiblauw. Of course I had to make a sweater out of them. 
Eva's unicorns

The lucky unicorn girl is Mila, Livs bigger sister and another one of my favourite girls to babysit. She is 10 so I didn't want the sweater to be to baby-ish. Therefore I opted for black instead of pink as coordinating color.
Eva's unicorns
Eva's unicorns

And I added some 'cool' details like leather shoulder pads and glittery frills at the shoulders (I used the frill pattern piece of the Cocoon Dress for them). 
Eva's unicorns
Eva's unicorns

The fabric is so soft that she insisted on wearing the sweater without a T-shirt underneath. 
Eva's unicorns

Hop over to MinnieMie, Lily & Woody, MeToezie and Emma&Mona for some more unicorn inspiration! Bambiblauw ships worldwide now so no more excuse for not buying these cute fabrics :-) 
Eva's unicorns

Pattern: Leather Sweater (La Maison Victor), size 134
Fabric: Eva's unicorns, Bambiblauw, 1m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin