topbar

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Susanne Cardigan for my mom

The very same moment she saw the Susanne pattern for the first time, my mom ordered one for herself. A few months later, here it is!
Susanne

She chose a non elastic woven fabric which was beautiful on both sides, so I didn't have to line the pockets. I just finished them with elastic bias tape. Because the fabric had almost no stretch I sewed her a size bigger than the sizing table told me to, and that's perfect. I opted for the long version because she likes long cardigans, but next time I will have to lengthen it. My mom is quite tall and the long version looks more like a short one on her ;-)
Susanne

She loves the cardigan (it has been worn almost every day since I gave it to her!) but she hates posing for pictures. I put her in front of the freshly painted white wall in my sewing room and gave her a cup of coffee to have something in her hands. She gave me five minutes to complete the photoshoot, so all I could do was hurry to catch her smile.
Susanne

Nothing is more rewarding than sewing for my mom. She is just so happy with this cardigan and she wears it all the time.
Susanne

Seeing her in my creation makes me happy every time. I think I'll do some more sewing for her in the future!

Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin