topbar

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tulip sweater for men

My brother has a clearly outlined clothing style. He likes simple but refined: no prints or flashy colors, but patterns with special details.
Tulip trui voor mannen
Since he is more than two metres long, finding clothes in store for him is rather difficult. Most of his sweaters are a little short. But for his birthday, I wanted to sew him a long and perfectly fitting sweater! I drew a pattern based on one of his store-bought sweaters and added a Tulip back.
Tulip trui voor mannen
Drawing a pattern for a sweater yourself is really not that hard. I took pictures while making it and I am planning to write a tutorial!
Tulip trui voor mannen
The fabric is a super soft elastic wool mix. I bought it at the stocksale of children's clothing brand Strass last year. Blue with a subtle grey stripe in it, totally his kind of thing!
Tulip trui voor mannen
For the collar (extra wide, since my personal trendwatcher told me this is the new fashion for men's clothing) and the little triangle I used the wrong side of the fabric.
Tulip trui voor mannen
The back side got its Tulip part. I wrote a tutorial on how to draw this HERE. The original Tulip has curves, but to achieve a more man-like shape I just drew straight lines instead of curved ones.
Tulip trui voor mannen
Tulip trui voor mannen
Happy brother, mission accomplished!
Tulip trui voor mannen

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I just sewed my husband his first t-shirt and I want to make another - the Tulip back is the perfect way to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cool! Make sure to send me a link or a picture once you've made it!

      Delete
  2. It really worked out great! Lucky brother. My husband keeps asking me to sew for him, I think I really have to give it a try too. :) Love the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing for men is actually easier than sewing for ladies: only straight patttern pieces! I love sewing for my brother since he's always very happy with what I make for him!

      Delete
  3. What a lucky guy! It sure looks great on him! And the fit is spot on! You are such a sweet person to make this for him. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always leaving such sweet comments Rachel! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. You certainly did a great job! I bet it is hard fro your brother to find well fitting clothes! My brother is also 2 m tall and he has the same problem! Although I am not as nice to him as you are to your brother hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin