topbar

Friday, April 15, 2016

Tulip T-shirt #2

My January make for Project Sew It was a self drafted T-shirt pattern in a beautiful snow tiger fabric. I named it Tulip T-shirt, after it's tulip like shaped back. On the Dutch blog I got lot's of requests for a tutorial, so I made a second version and took pictures while drafting the pattern and sewing it. The tutorial is written in Dutch but comes with clear pictures, and I am always willing to help if you don't understand! The free tutorial can be found HERE.
Tulip T-shirt #2 - side

Today I present you the second version, with it's special tulip-like back piece.
Tulip T-shirt #2 - back

This time I opted for medium length sleeves, since spring has finally arrived in Belgium. I added a decorative cap sleeve, for which I used the ruffle pattern piece of the Cocoon Dress but skipped the gathering.

Tulip T-shirt #2 - shoulder

The piping used in the back piece returns in the shoulder parts.

Tulip T-shirt #2 - shoulder

The fabric is a super soft one by Nosh Organics, won at the Compagnie M. - contest. The colors are not my favorites and I wouldn't buy this myself, but I really like the way it turned out!  (the rest of the knit fabric will become the lining of the Berlin Coat I'm working on)

Tulip T-shirt #2 - front

My best friend Jan was in charge of taking pictures. He is very artistic, and so are his photos!

Tulip T-shirt #2 - B&W

Are you planning a Tulip T-shirt too? My next version will be one for men!

Tulip T-shirt #2 - side
Fabric: Mini stripes aqua-pink, Nosh Organics
Pattern: free tutorial Tulip T-shirt (in Dutch) 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pics indeed. I love this version of the tee. Piping running across shoulders is a lovely detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenya! You know how to make the piping now, so no more excuses ;-)

      Delete
  2. It fits you so nicely and I love that back detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I especially like the piping along the joining seams. That's a really nice and interesting detail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn! I love piping and I try to use it as much as possible. Without overkilling, of course ;-)

      Delete
  4. These photos are amazing! You look so adorable and the shirt is perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! You are so sweet! And your photos are still more amazing ;-)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin